- Today, AMG Lithium GmbH and Chemiepark Bitterfeld-Wolfen GmbH concluded a purchase agreement for a plot of land on the premises of Chemiepark Bitterfeld-Wolfen. On this property, AMG Lithium will build a production plant for lithium hydroxide battery-grade. The aim is to supply the European battery industry with this key raw material reliably and with short delivery routes.
12.04.2021 A mood of optimism in Saxony-Anhalt: New energy concepts for mobility, industry and municipalitiesIn this central German state, companies are working across a range of different sectors on alternative powertrains for the energy transition, integrated neighborhood concepts and hydrogen applications.
- Hannover Messe Digital Edition from April 12 to 16
IMG presents New Mobility and New Energy solutions from Saxony-Anhalt in the virtual showroom
Join our livestream on 15 April, 10:30 AM to get to know Saxony-Anhalt as a battery location!
- Mercedes-Benz Vans and its partner "Ambulanz Mobile GmbH & Co. KG" from Schönebeck in Saxony-Anhalt has used the eSprinter as the basis of its first fully electric vehicle for duties in the health sector.
25.03.2021 MECOTEC Group from Germany delivers High-Tech Container MCF-8 for the transport and safe deep freeze cold storage at -20°C (-4°F) to - 80°C (-112°F) for Covid-19 Vaccines to the PhilippinesPresentation of the first mobile hybrid container MCF-8 in the presence of the Minister for Economics, Science and Digitization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt, Prof. Dr. Armin Willingmann, and the Deputy Ambassador Chief of Mission Ms. Lillibeth V. Pono of the Philippines in Germany
15.03.2021 IDT Biologika and Takeda support production of the Johnson & Johnson single-shot COVID-19 vaccineIDT Biologika is now using capacities at its Dessau site previously reserved for Takeda Pharmaceutical Company’s dengue vaccine candidate to fill and package the single-shot COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. IDT and Takeda announced an agreement to this end today. The vaccine is manufactured in Dessau for worldwide distribution.
- Another important building block on the way to becoming a sustainable chemical site is green hydrogen, Günther explained. Around 60 million euros are being invested in a Linde AG plant in Leuna for this purpose.
- A new substance could improve the treatment of persistent cancers. Researchers at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) and the University of Greifswald have developed a new inhibitor that makes drug-resistant tumour cells respond again to chemotherapy. The new substance blocks a protein in the cancer cells that normally transports the cancer drugs back out of the cells. The results were published in the scientific journal "Molecules".
01.03.2021 Agricultural machinery manufacturer AGCO invests 18 million euros in paint shop and logistics center in HohenmölsenU.S. industrial group builds further plant in Burgenlandkreis district