- Groundbreaking ceremony for the extension of InfraLeuna’s GuD2 power plant
- New coatings on implants could help make them more compatible. Researchers at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) have developed a new method of applying anti-inflammatory substances to implants in order to inhibit undesirable inflammatory reactions in the body. Their study was recently published in the "International Journal of Molecular Sciences".
- Tesvolt, the manufacturer of electricity storage systems for trade and industry, has today been named “Top Innovator of the Year” in the TOP 100 competition. It secured first place in its size category in this leading innovation contest for German small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). In addition to the young company’s rapid growth and agile organisational form, the 31-member jury was also impressed by the innovative technology that underpins Tesvolt storage systems. This was the competition’s 27th instalment.
17.06.2020 Progress with development of drone center in Cochstedt: Willingmann praises “flagship center for future technologies”Minister Visits Test Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Hydrogen is indispensable to successfully transitioning to renewables and meeting climate targets. It is the essential building block of sector coupling.
- The drug nimodipine could prevent nerve cells from dying after brain surgery. Pharmacists at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), in cooperation with neurosurgeons at University Hospital Halle (Saale) (UKH), have developed a new method that enables the drug to be administered directly in the brain with fewer side effects. Their findings were published in the "European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics".
- Logistics real estate: New construction project for Dachser
06.05.2020 FEV begins operations at the world´s largest develogment and test center for high voltage batteries for passenger and commercial vehiclesThe development center (eDLP), which is located in the triangle between Halle, Dessau and Leipzig, includes state-of-the-art test technologies designed for all standardized and client-specific test requirements for high-voltage battery systems.
- The German manufacturer Tesvolt is supplying energy storage containers offering a total capacity of 2 megawatt hours (MWh) for Europe’s largest electric car charging park at the Kreuz Hilden junction. Various companies will offer a total of 114 charging stations, including 40 V3 Tesla Superchargers and 22 fast charging stations from Dutch supplier Fastned.
16.04.2020 Packaging & material cycles: APK invests over a million euros into analytic facility for plastics recyclatesAPK is fully committed to closing material cycles for different types of packaging solutions with the help of innovative recycling technologies. Shortly before Easter on 12 April the company completed its new laboratory at its production site in Merseburg (Germany). Initially, the facility will focus on LDPE- and polyamide-recyclates, which are destined to be used in packaging applications. APK AG has invested over one million euro in the comprehensive equipment.