- Chemists at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) have developed a way to integrate liquids directly into materials during the 3D printing process. This allows, for example, active medical agents to be incorporated into pharmaceutical products or luminous liquids to be integrated into materials, which allow monitoring of damage. The study was published in "Advanced Materials Technologies".
- The company Dow Olefinverbund GmbH ("Dow") has completed the modernization of the signal box at the Schkopau chemical site. This replaces the old relay interlocking dating from 1983, which had performed its service reliably for almost 40 years. The commissioning of the new fully electronic interlocking (ESTW) enables a modern and efficient connection of the chemical site to European freight traffic.
- German MECOTEC Group launches a complete–one-stop solution for deep-freeze, transport, storage and distribution for COVID-19-Vaccines with its first Mobile Hybrid Container.
First hybrid container solution for ultra-cold transport and storage for COVID-19 vaccines
Transport and storage of up to 1,000,000 vaccination doses in one standard size container at temperatures down to -80°C / -112 °F possible
Active deep cooling technology ensures safe and controlled transport and storage without dry ice
05.11.2020 5G Project in Barleben Can Get Underway: An “Innovative Boost” for the Region Says Minister PresidentOstfalen Technology Park’s 5G Industrial Working + Co-Working for Medium-Sized Businesses project is one of ten projects across Germany that can count on government funding for expanding innovative 5G structures. Around three million euros has been put aside for the project by the German government.
- The Tyrol-based family company EMPL builds customized truck bodies that are in use all around the world. It has now invested around 20 million euros in the construction of a pioneering assembly plant and customer center in Germany. This expansion of the subsidiary in Zahna-Elster will also benefit the main plant in Austria due to the close collaboration and links between the two companies. This will help to protect jobs at the Zillertal site in Tyrol for the coming years.
- UPM celebrated the official start of the construction of the state-of-the-art biochemicals facility in Leuna, Germany. The biorefinery investment of EUR 550 million is a major milestone in UPM’s strategic transformation.
- The eDLP, the world’s largest development and test center for high-voltage batteries for passenger cars and commercial vehicles, is due to enter operation at the end of September 2020. This is yet another milestone reached by FEV, the world’s leading independent service provider in vehicle and drive development. The center also represents another chapter in the success story of FEV’s presence in the business location of Saxony-Anhalt – a story that began in 2007 with a groundbreaking ceremony for a continuous testing center for conventional, electric and hybrid drives.
- The aim of the Working Group is to draw from each other’s experience and ideas and to implement joint projects for economic development.
- Road opening ceremony for another new section on the northern extension of the A 14 in Saxony-Anhalt
- The new plant, to be operated by local Polyplastics subsidiary TOPAS Advanced Polymers GmbH, will have a capacity of 20,000 tons per year, more than doubling the company’s current output. The facility will be operational by mid-2023.