10.03.2020 Hierarchical thermoplastic sandwich materials for even more efficient lightweight constructionThe Fraunhofer IMWS and ThermHex Waben GmbH, which manufactures cost-efficient polypropylene (PP) honeycomb cores using a patented production process, have been cooperating in the field of lightweight construction with sandwich materials
- The model hydrogen region in central Germany: Willingmann presents a grant of 8.1 million euros to Fraunhofer researchers
- Hydrogen is regarded as the energy source of the future – and rightly so, if it is »green« and is produced from water using electricity generated from renewable energies. With the ELP electrolysis test platform at the Leuna chemical site, Saxony-Anhalt and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft are setting new standards.
24.02.2020 Alternatives to chemical pesticides: 24 European research institutes undertake an ambitious roadmap24 European agricultural science research institutions, including the Julius Kühn Institute, sign the joint declaration "Towards a chemical Pesticide-free Agriculture" on 23 February 2020 on the fringes of the "Paris International Agricultural Show".
- The state of Saxony-Anhalt is supporting our investment in expanding our site to the tune of several million euros. The funding comes from the Joint Task for the Improvement of Regional Economic Structures (GRW). State Secretary Thomas Wünsch presented the grant to managing director Mathias Dögel.
- Progroup AG’s new PM3 paper
factory in Sandersdorf-Brehna is being awarded the European Union’s “EcoManagement and Audit Scheme” (EMAS) certificate. This means it is already setting
the benchmark for the future when it comes to sustainability before it starts operating in
30.01.2020 UPM invests in next generation biochemicals to drive a switch from fossil raw materials to sustainable solutionsUPM invests in next generation biochemicals to drive a switch from fossil raw materials to sustainable solutions
- Expansion of testing centre progressing / Opening scheduled for May 2021
16.01.2020 In 2018, the economy of Saxony-Anhalt exported food and beverages with a total value of EUR 1.7 billionIn 2018, Saxony-Anhalt exported food and beverages with a total value of EUR 1.7 billion.
- Joint research project of the Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS and POLIFILM EXTRUSION