Starting with imaging procedures, intelligent catheters and surgical robots through to telemedicine - Saxony-Anhalt is home to state-of-the-art medical technology. A high level of professional competence has been established in this territory for decades. Today's innovation drivers are the trends towards individualisation, miniaturisation and biologisation.
In Saxony-Anhalt, 75 companies are active in the important medtech market - from small and medium-sized companies to global players.
In cooperation with universities and research institutions, they promote the development of improved and new diagnostic and therapeutic methods, medical instruments and devices as well as innovative prostheses.
Medical technology is a highly complex occupational field. New scientific findings constantly affect the everyday lives of doctors, patients and researchers. Saxony-Anhalt's companies demonstrate special know-how in the fields of e-health, imaging and autonomy in old age.
MedTech diciplines in Saxony-Anhalt
Innovative prostheses, surgical robots, telemedicine - the possibilities of medical technology revolutionize diagnosis and therapy. Companies from Saxony-Anhalt are at the forefront of the development and manufacture of innovative medical technology products. Whether prevention, diagnosis, therapy or service - in Saxony-Anhalt there are specialists in every field of medicine.
Research, education and networking
Overview of Saxony-Anhalt's competencies in research, education and networking.
Universities & non-university R&D
- Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (OvGU), (Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology)
- Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), (Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Natural Sciences)
- Harz University of Applied Science
- University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal
- Project Group Molecular Drug Biochemistry and Therapy Development (IZI-MWT) at the Fraunhofer Institute for Immunology and Cell Therapy (IZI)
- Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems Magdeburg (MPI)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructures of Materials and Systems (IMWS)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation (IFF)
- Leibniz Institute of Neurobiology Magdeburg (LIN)
Transfer & research facilities
- German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE)
- Center for Behavioral Brain Sciences (LIN /DZNE)
- Center for Dynamic Systems (OvGU, MPI)
- Health Campus Immunology, Infectiology and Inflammation (OvGU)
- Research Campus STIMULATE
- Center for Neuroscientific Innovation and Technology ZENIT GmbH
- Biozentrum Halle (MLU)
- Innovation and start-up centre Inno-Life
- KAT - Competence Center Life Science (Anhalt University of Applied Sciences)
- Centre for Innovation Competence "HALOmem membrane protein structure dynamics" (MLU)
- Profile Center Health Sciences (PGZ), (MLU)
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Ageing Halle (IZAH), (MLU)
- Institute for Medicine & Technology, (Anhalt University of Applied Sciences)
- Research Centre Ultrasound gGmbH