- TotalEnergies announced the launch of the e-CO2Met project at the Hydrogen Lab Leuna together with the electrolyser manufacturer Sunfire, the Fraunhofer Center for Chemical-Biotechnological Processes CBP and the Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS. Methanol can be produced from low-carbon hydrogen and captured carbon dioxide, which is an important approach to reducing climate-damaging greenhouse gas emissions. With the ambition to produce climate-neutral methanol on site, this demonstration project will integrate the various components required to this end, such as the use of renewable energy.
09.06.2021 GEA technology is used by AMG at its new production facility in Saxony-Anhalt Germany, to produce lithium hydroxideLithium hydroxide is one of the key raw materials for the battery industry world-wide. Producers of lithium-ion batteries require the raw material in the highest quality as "battery grade" for the production of cathode materials. GEA's technology portfolio covers the essential process steps of lithium extraction.
- Ministry of Economy supports new facility with 2.05 million euros
18.05.2021 Minister for Economy, Science and Digitalisation Armin Willingmann opens Meyer Burger solar cell plant in Bitterfeld-WolfenOn Tuesday, the listed Swiss machine manufacturer Meyer Burger Technology AG officially opened its new solar cell plant in Thalheim in the district of Bitterfeld-Wolfen in the presence of Saxony-Anhalt's Minister of Economic Affairs, Prof. Dr. Armin Willingmann. The company had used most of the funds raised in a capital increase of 165 million Swiss francs (around 150 million euros) to build the new site.
- Q CELLS is strengthening its research & development in Germany with additional investments of 15.5 million euros. The money will be used to develop n-type technology, on the basis of which Q CELLS will present a new solar module before the end of 2021 that will raise efficiency to the next level.
- A complicated interaction between different proteins is needed for information to pass from one nerve cell to the next. Researchers at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) have now managed to study this process in the synaptic vesicles, which play an important role in this process. The study appeared in the journal "Nature Communications".
- New contact point for Saxony-Anhalt's economic sector: The recently launched network "Sustainability in the Economy" now presents itself with a new website. The homepage www.nachhaltig-wirtschaften-mitteldeutschland.de was created with the support of the Landesenergieagentur Sachsen-Anhalt GmbH (LENA) as a member of the network's core team.
- The barley inflorescence, called spike, is crucial for grain yield
formation. Therefore, it is of great importance to better understand the processes of spike
and spikelet development. This also involves the question how individual genes for barley
spike formation interact. In a long-standing research project, an international research team
led by the Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK) has therefore
used lasers to excise and analyse the finest tissue parts involved in barley spikelet organ
formation. The results are of immense importance for further comparative studies among
other grass or cereal crops and have recently been published in the journal Science
- Z-Software GmbH expand their studio by acquiring the team of Silver Seed Games
23.04.2021 Two leading German companies in medical and cryo technology, Zimmer MedizinSysteme GmbH and MECOTEC GmbH, agree on partnershipThe two leading international suppliers of physio-therapy systems and cryotherapy chambers have agreed on a partnership. The cooperation focuses on the development and distribution of the next generation of cryo chambers for applications in the growing field of medicine, sports and performance management, as well as wellness and beauty.