10.02.2021 Run-up phase for the PM3 paper factory picks up speed: Monthly record of over 50,000 tonnes achievedProgroup's PM3 paper factory is again setting new records.
- The aim of integrating the plant into the POLIFILM EXTRUSION production network is to strengthen the Packaging & Performance Films division. For POLIFILM EXTRUSION, SAXA Packaging offers not only additional capacity, but also increased competence in various product areas. With the addition of the BRC-compliant production facility and the associated modern machinery consisting of 3-, 5- and 7-layer lines, POLIFILM EXTRUSION is now able to supply its customers in the industrial and food packaging sectors with both barrier films and films with extra wide width.
09.02.2021 Companies in Saxony-Anhalt plan to invest 1.1 billion euros despite Corona pandemic / Willingmann: "Economic stimulus shows effect".Investment promotion reaches highest level since 2014
08.02.2021 Researchers produce special nanoparticles and reveal their inner structure for the first timeTiny nanoparticles can be furnished with dyes and could be used for new imaging techniques, as chemists and physicists at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) show in a recent study. The researchers have also been the first to fully determine the particles' internal structure. Their results were published in the renowned journal "Angewandte Chemie".
08.02.2021 Ministry of Economy supports "Digital Center of Excellence" in Magdeburg with 2.5 million eurosStrengthening for the automotive location Saxony-Anhalt
- From the very beginning, SONOTEC GmbH had a visionary and innovative spirit – a success factor that would lead it to become a world-leading ultrasound specialist whose sensors are in particularly high demand in biotechnology and medical technology applications during the coronavirus pandemic.
- A new method for constructing special solar cells could significantly increase their efficiency. Not only are the cells made up of thin layers, they also consist of specifically arranged nanoblocks. This has been shown in a new study by an international research team led by the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), which was published in the scientific journal "Nano Letters".
- Ministry of Economy supports development of competence center for fuel cells and batteries in Barleben with 2.87 million euros
- [Translate to English:] Wenige Wochen nach dem Baubeginn für das neue Logistikzentrum in Sülzetal bei Magdeburg kann die Garbe Industrial Real Estate GmbH einen ersten Vermietungserfolg vermelden. Die EDEKA Minden-Hannover wird voraussichtlich im dritten Quartal 2021 etwa ein Viertel der insgesamt 84.000 Quadratmeter Hallenfläche beziehen.
- The medium-sized Wiedemann Group, one of the leading specialist suppliers of building technology in northern Germany, opened four locations in Zeitz, Naumburg, Lödla (Altenburg) and Gera on 01.01.2021.