30.01.2020 UPM invests in next generation biochemicals to drive a switch from fossil raw materials to sustainable solutionsUPM invests in next generation biochemicals to drive a switch from fossil raw materials to sustainable solutions
- Expansion of testing centre progressing / Opening scheduled for May 2021
16.01.2020 In 2018, the economy of Saxony-Anhalt exported food and beverages with a total value of EUR 1.7 billionIn 2018, Saxony-Anhalt exported food and beverages with a total value of EUR 1.7 billion.
- Joint research project of the Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS and POLIFILM EXTRUSION
14.01.2020 In 2018, businesses in the food products industry achieved approximately 18% of the total turnover in the goods-producing sectorIn 2018, the 174 businesses operating in the production of food, animal feed and beverages generated a total turnover of EUR 7.45 billion. This was equivalent to roughly 18% of the total turnover in the goods-producing sector. As the Statistical Office of the federal state also reported on the occasion of the start of the Green Week, food and animal feed to the value of EUR 6.39 bn. and beverages to the value of EUR 748 million were produced by farms in Saxony-Anhalt.
- Schmitz Fire & Rescue expands location / Ude: "Good news at the start of the year"
- Strong and tough yet as light as a feather – materials with this exceptional combination of properties are urgently needed in many industrial sectors and in medicine, as well as being of great interest for scientific research. A research team from the University of Bayreuth, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) and other partners in Germany, China, and Switzerland, has now developed a formula for the easy-to-handle preparation of polymer fibres with precisely these properties.
09.12.2019 HASOMED expands location in Magdeburg / Ude: "Medium-sized business focuses on research and exports"State secretary presents funding notice for € 460,000 / 10 new jobs created
04.12.2019 Willingmann awards the “Hugo-Junkers Prizes 2019”: “Bright minds belong in the spotlight”79 applications / 12 prize winners in 4 categories / 80,000 euros prize fund
- The chemicals location of Leuna is developing into the European centre for hydrogen liquefaction. Three hydrogen liquefaction plants are currently in operation in Europe, one of which is located at the production location of industrial gases group Linde in Leuna.