- On 15th December 2021, the construction application was signed and submitted to the local building authorities. Until 2023, the location at the Thüringer Straße will see the construction of a sustainable production and administration building with approximately 4,300 square meters of floor space on three floors.
- Newcycling® of post-consumer waste proven successful on an industrial scale
02.12.2021 Nobian the first company in Germany to supply certified green hydrogen from chlor-alkali electrolysisNobian's chlor-alkali plant at the Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Park is the first plant in Germany to successfully supply certified green hydrogen to a leading international customer.
- Tesvolt GmbH, one of the world’s leading companies in energy storage technology for the commercial and industrial sectors, has concluded an approximately EUR 40 million equity capital funding round. The funds were provided by a consortium of investors led by the Liechtenstein Group – a group of companies owned by Liechtenstein’s princely family. This is another milestone in Tesvolt’s growth strategy. Tesvolt will use the financial resources to accelerate its international activities and pursue its focus consequently on innovative products.
- With an annual turnover of more than one billion euros, the pharmaceutical industry is the most important investor in the healthcare sector. The characteristic feature of this industry, which is growing in size in Saxony-Anhalt, is its ability to innovate. Therefore, the state aims to benefit from the restructuring of global supply chains in the pharma sector and encourage companies to move to its centres of excellence.
04.11.2021 Lightweight construction, sustainable tires, Industry 4.0: 11 million euros for future technologies at Fraunhofer PAZ SchkopauWith 1000 m² of additional space and new facilities for thermoplastic-based lightweight construction, sustainable tire applications, and digital component development and production processes in plastics processing, the polymer processing area at the Fraunhofer Pilot Plant Center for Polymer Synthesis and Processing PAZ in Schkopau has been expanded. Funds from the European Union, the state of Saxony-Anhalt and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft were used to invest a total of a good 11 million euros in the extension building, which opened today.
- Laempe Mössner Sinto, world leading supplier of foundry solutions for core production, continues to modernize its production facility in Barleben (Saxony-Anhalt). The new F-MT 4000 CNC turning, milling and drilling center worth around one million euros considerably improves the performance. The measure was supported with subsidies from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) of the European Union. With an export rate of more than 80 percent.
21.10.2021 Enriching fundamental research with digital innovation: DZNE and neotiv GmbH enter into a long-term collaborationThis question has been on the mind of the Magdeburg digital health startup neotiv since their first funding in 2015. The young company is a spin-off of the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg. Based on current research findings, scientists, designers and engineers are developing an app that employs playful tests tomeasure important memory functions in every-day life.
- Doing business sustainably to benefit generations to come is a key component of Progroup’s strategy. This is why the family-run company is planning to build a state-of-the-art refuse-derived fuel (RDF) power plant right next to its high-tech paper factory PM3.
- The free Startup-Accelerator in Halle is an intensive program designed for pre-seed and seed-startups who want to accelerate their business idea. In four months our high-class startup coaches and experts will teach you fundamental entrepreneurial know-how in workshops and individual coaching and share their experiences with you. This way you will get the chance to acquire valuable knowledge in how to set up a successful startup.