- Tesvolt GmbH, one of the world’s leading companies in energy storage technology for the commercial and industrial sectors, has concluded an approximately EUR 40 million equity capital funding round. The funds were provided by a consortium of investors led by the Liechtenstein Group – a group of companies owned by Liechtenstein’s princely family. This is another milestone in Tesvolt’s growth strategy. Tesvolt will use the financial resources to accelerate its international activities and pursue its focus consequently on innovative products.
- With an annual turnover of more than one billion euros, the pharmaceutical industry is the most important investor in the healthcare sector. The characteristic feature of this industry, which is growing in size in Saxony-Anhalt, is its ability to innovate. Therefore, the state aims to benefit from the restructuring of global supply chains in the pharma sector and encourage companies to move to its centres of excellence.
04.11.2021 Lightweight construction, sustainable tires, Industry 4.0: 11 million euros for future technologies at Fraunhofer PAZ SchkopauWith 1000 m² of additional space and new facilities for thermoplastic-based lightweight construction, sustainable tire applications, and digital component development and production processes in plastics processing, the polymer processing area at the Fraunhofer Pilot Plant Center for Polymer Synthesis and Processing PAZ in Schkopau has been expanded. Funds from the European Union, the state of Saxony-Anhalt and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft were used to invest a total of a good 11 million euros in the extension building, which opened today.
- Laempe Mössner Sinto, world leading supplier of foundry solutions for core production, continues to modernize its production facility in Barleben (Saxony-Anhalt). The new F-MT 4000 CNC turning, milling and drilling center worth around one million euros considerably improves the performance. The measure was supported with subsidies from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) of the European Union. With an export rate of more than 80 percent.
21.10.2021 Enriching fundamental research with digital innovation: DZNE and neotiv GmbH enter into a long-term collaborationThis question has been on the mind of the Magdeburg digital health startup neotiv since their first funding in 2015. The young company is a spin-off of the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg. Based on current research findings, scientists, designers and engineers are developing an app that employs playful tests tomeasure important memory functions in every-day life.
- Doing business sustainably to benefit generations to come is a key component of Progroup’s strategy. This is why the family-run company is planning to build a state-of-the-art refuse-derived fuel (RDF) power plant right next to its high-tech paper factory PM3.
- The development of the ‘Bad Lauchstädt Energy Park’ has taken another important step forward: Today, the project partners received official notification of funding as a ‘regulatory sandbox for the energy transition’ of around EUR 34 million in the presence of Saxony-Anhalt premier Dr. Reiner Haseloff, and presented by Andreas Feicht, State Secretary at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
- PerioTrap Pharmaceuticals awarded 800.000,00 EUR public funding for developing new drugs and delivery systems for treating periodontitis
- - Commissioning of new production line for patent-protected products
- Visit by Minister Prof. Dr. Armin Willingmann, County Commissioner Andy Grabner
und Deputy Mayor Stefan Hermann
- Strengthening of location and increase of local jobs
- Customized, biomedically applicable materials based on tropoelastin are being developed in a joint project by Skinomics GmbH from Halle, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg and the Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS. The material combines biocompatibility, durability, biodegradability and favorable mechanical properties similar to those of skin.