With its high demand for a special service, IMG offers modern public relations. In addition to press relations, which include answering inquiries but also active information through press releases, topic services or press kits, our communication channels run through the websites, the Infocenter or the social media channels.
An important part of communication is personal contact and shared experience: IMG therefore offers media professionals on current business and tourism topics, group press trips and supports journalists as well as bloggers and influencers in conducting individual research trips.
Feel free to contact us.
- Scientists from Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg are working with partners from industry to develop new implants for patients with life-threatening vascular diseases. An interdisciplinary team of engineers and doctors is developing tiny tubes made of wire mesh that can be used to treat intracranial aneurysms, which are balloon-like bulges in blood vessels in the brain. The innovative tubes divert the blood around the aneurysm.
01.08.2023 Li-Cycle Starts Operations at its First European Lithium-Ion Battery Recycling Facility, One of the Largest on the ContinentLi-Cycle Holdings Corp., a leading global lithium-ion battery resource recovery company, is pleased to announce the start of commercial operations at its first Spoke recycling facility in Europe, located in Magdeburg, Germany.
21.07.2023 Minister Sven Schulze awards Magdeburg Port of Science the status of Center of ExcellenceAt the last event in his summer tour, Sven Schulze, the Minister of Economic Affairs of Saxony-Anhalt, presented the award of Center of Excellence Saxony-Anhalt to Magdeburg Port of Science.
12.07.2023 Sioux Technologies, world-renowned tech accelerator, follows Intel: Minister of Economic Affairs Sven Schulze welcomes another high-tech company to Saxony-AnhaltSioux Technologies, an international research and development company founded in 1996 in Eindhoven in the Netherlands, has announced an ambitious project and its plans for Saxony-Anhalt at the invitation of the Minister of Economic Affairs Sven Schulze, who was first in contact with the company in March 2023.
- As part of his summer tour, Sven Schulze, Minister of Economic Affairs of Saxony Anhalt, awarded the MMZ Middle German Multimedia Center in Halle (Saale) the status of Center of Excellence Saxony-Anhalt.
- Congratulations at the German SME Summit: Ranga Yogeshwar congratulates MECOTEC GmbH from Bitterfeld-Wolfen on being awarded the TOP 100 seal. The award ceremony as part of the summit took place on June 23 in Augsburg for all medium-sized companies that received the TOP 100 seal at the beginning of the year.
- As part of the careers day at the location, Stefanie Pötzsch, State Secretary at the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Tourism, Agriculture and Forestry in Saxony-Anhalt, and Dr. Robert Franke, Managing Director of the Investment and Marketing Corporation Saxony-Anhalt (IMG), awarded the status of Center of Excellence Saxony-Anhalt to the BioPharmaPark Dessau.
- The partners in the Bad Lauchstädt Energy Park consortium have made their final investment decision, which represents the starting point for the implementation of the innovative hydrogen project. This means that the theoretical planning phase has ended and building work can begin. The groundbreaking ceremony was held in the presence of the Minister Presidents Dr. Reiner Haseloff (Saxony-Anhalt) and Michael Kretschmer (Saxony) and the directors of the companies that make up the consortium. The construction work will take several years. This brings the production, storage, transport and use of green hydrogen in central Germany much closer. The consortium partners are playing a key part in driving the energy transition and the structural transformation of central Germany.
- ”We are proud to officially open our new office in Singapore for the Asia Pacific Market and are honored that we can do this in the presence of Mr. Alvin Tan MP, Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry for Singapore”, said Enrico Klauer, CEO of MECOTEC GmbH. ”It is with great pleasure that we can offer our customers in the new 1200 sq feet office space, located on Commonwealth Lane (Queenstown), a showroom with the possibility to experience our products themselves.”
- Intel and the German federal government have signed a revised letter of intent for Intel’s planned leading-edge wafer fabrication site in Magdeburg, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt state in Germany. The agreement encompasses Intel’s expanded investment in the site, now expected to be more than 30 billion euros for two first-of-a-kind semiconductor facilities (also known as “fabs”) in Europe, along with increased government support that includes incentives, reflecting the expanded scope and change in economic conditions since the site was first announced.
The availability of affordable green energy can drive the shift to a climate-neutral economy and amplify its effects. Against the background of rising energy costs and calls for greater sustainability, the majority of businesses are focusing on the issue of energy and looking for suppliers of green electricity. “Companies are increasingly likely to move to areas where electricity is generated locally and as cheaply as possible,“ says Dr. Robert Franke, Managing Director of the Investment and Marketing Corporation Saxony-Anhalt. Saxony-Anhalt is one of the leading regions in Germany when it comes to the expansion of renewable energy production. “There has been a significant increase in the efforts to make our energy supply more independent of fossil fuels, to optimize processes and to improve energy efficiency,” said Thomas Micka, head of the business department at the State Energy Agency of Saxony-Anhalt (LENA). The agency's role is to help companies to become more energy-efficient, sustainable and climate-neutral.
In this press kit, we highlight examples from Saxony-Anhalt of the changes companies are making, the innovations they are developing on the path toward climate-neutral industrial production and the digital solutions that are increasing efficiency and reducing resource use.
Novelis has so far invested around 300 million U.S. dollars in aluminum recycling at its site in Nachterstedt, Saxony-Anhalt. The "Solar Materials" project is still operating in a test facility. Three founders have developed a technology that enables them to recycle solar equipment almost completely. APK AG, which now employs 220 people, has developed a recycling technology to keep plastics in the circular economy. The company is the first to produce single-variety recyclates from plastic composites on an industrial scale. Meanwhile, in northern Saxony-Anhalt, the Altmark Industrial and Business Park (IGPA) is growing as a bioenergy site in the countryside. The Canadian Mercer International Group opened one of the world's most modern pulp mills here in 2004. Residual materials from production are used to feed a modern biorefinery. These and other examples demonstrate the importance of the circular economy in Saxony-Anhalt. You can find more information in our press kit.
One of the best-known products is aspirin. Numerous other pills, capsules or infusions are also produced in Saxony-Anhalt. Behind them are companies such as Bayer Bitterfeld, Salutas, IDT Biologika, Wacker, Merz, Mibe or Oncotec. Saxony-Anhalt is thus one of the top addresses for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, both nationally and globally.
As a region, "airea" covers the entire pharmaceutical value chain: from research and development to production, marketing, logistics and service.
WACKER recently began expanding its Weinberg Campus technology park site into an mRNA competence center. In the future, active ingredients based on messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), such as mRNA vaccines against the coronavirus, will be produced here.
More information and stories about the pharmaceutical hotspot Saxony-Anhalt are available for download. We would be happy to support you in your reporting with contacts, further information or rights-free photos.
The Californian company Intel wants to build two state-of-the-art semiconductor plants in Magdeburg – the first on the European continent for this American corporation. The investment volume is 17 billion euros.
Ice cream manufacturer Florida-Eis in Berlin plans to build Germany’s first carbon neutral ice cream factory in Schönebeck on the outskirts of Magdeburg, creating 250 jobs.
These are just two of numerous examples in Saxony-Anhalt, which show: HERE, the thinking is focused on sustainability and saving resources. We have compiled further examples for you in an attached press kit. We’re also happy to talk to you about this.
At the Zerbst Regenerative Energy Park, GETEC green energy GmbH is building a plant to produce 100 percent green hydrogen: Saxony-Anhalt is a pioneer in building a hydrogen economy.
As part of his summer bicycle tour, Sven Schulze, Saxony-Anhalt's Minister of Economics, Tourism, Agriculture and Forestry, visited Dow ValuePark Schkopau, where he was honored as a "Center of Excellence".
The power of nature: Green Gate Gatersleben, a place of the future Plant biotechnology and plant genome research in the heart of Europe
Premiere: 12 Places of the Future and IMG launch joint skilled worker campaign "Find your future HERE."
We have compiled further examples for you in a press kit. We would be happy to discuss them with you.