With its high demand for a special service, IMG offers modern public relations. In addition to press relations, which include answering inquiries but also active information through press releases, topic services or press kits, our communication channels run through the websites, the Infocenter or the social media channels.
An important part of communication is personal contact and shared experience: IMG therefore offers media professionals on current business and tourism topics, group press trips and supports journalists as well as bloggers and influencers in conducting individual research trips.
Feel free to contact us.
- On October 25, 2022, Mr. Sven Schulze and Ms. Stefanie Pötzsch, Minister and State Secretary for Economy, Tourism, Agriculture and Forestry of Saxony-Anhalt, respectively, visited the research campus STIMULATE.
18.09.2022 FlyPharma: „airea – The Airport Region in Central Germany“ presents itself as an attractive location for the international pharmaceutical industry„airea - The Airport Region in Central Germany" is one of the top national and global addresses for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. With efficient manufacturers, bio-logistics specialists and a broad-based and highly innova-tive research landscape, there are ideal development conditions and connect-ing factors for companies and investors in the industry. They will be presented by the three partners of "airea", Mitteldeutsche Flughafen AG (MFAG), Wirtschaftsförderung Sachsen GmbH (WFS) and Investitions- und Market-inggesellschaft Sachsen-Anhalt mbH (IMG) at the FlyPharma industry event.
06.09.2022 A transfer eco-system for medical technology is being created in Magdeburgs's Port of ScienceLocated in Magdeburg's Port of Science, the research campus STIMULATE, whose central partner is Otto von Guericke University (OVGU), has already generated significant scientific as well as economic effects together with its partners. The results and potentials achieved are now to be transferred and rolled out to the region and society in the project "transPORT". The goal is to develop an eco-center with science, high-tech economy, but especially with living and well-being. The scientific and economic focus is to be on medical technology.
23.08.2022 Minister for Economic Affairs Sven Schulze:„Progroup's Sandersdorf-Brehna site - one of the shining lights of the paper industry.On his visit to Progroup in Sandersdorf-Brehna, Minister for Economic Affairs Sven Schulze gained his own personal impression of the state-of-the-art PM3 paper factory and chatted to the deputy CEO Maximilian Heindl about the company's plans for a new CHP plant at the site. One of the most important items on the agenda was the current energy situation.
- Mouth-to-nose protection has become commonplace during the Covid-19 pandemic. But many of the available products are not tailored for such uses. In the “Next Generation Protective Textiles (NGST)” project, ten Fraunhofer institutes are working on improved solutions that combine high protection with improved wearer comfort.
- On an area of around 90,000 square metres located to the north of Magdeburg is where a new multi-user location is being built for the Healthcare business unit.
- The excavators are set to roll onto the WACKER site in Halle. As announced by the company today, the development of the Biotech site into an mRNA competence center has already begun. In the future, actives based on messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), such as mRNA coronavirus vaccines, will be manufactured here. The production capacity in Halle will be more than tripled as part of the expansion, with the number of employees more than doubling. WACKER is investing more than €100 million in the expansion of the Halle site.
23.05.2022 The airport and development agencies sign a cooperation agreement covering more than one federal stateMitteldeutsche Flughafen AG (MFAG), Wirtschaftsförderung Sachsen GmbH (WFS) and Investitions- und Marketinggesellschaft Sachsen-Anhalt mbH (IMG) have signed an extensive cooperation agreement in order to strengthen the position of the “Leipzig/Halle Airport Region” in the long term. The aim of the agreement is to market “airea – the Airport Region in Central Germany” as a joint economic area across different federal states and internationally and make even more effective use of its potential to attract investors and enable firms to set up their business here.
- MECOTEC GmbH is awarded the „Vorsprung“ business prize as one of the six most innovative companies in East Germany
- Magdeburg-Cochstedt Airport has rejoined the German aviation network. The official reopening took place on 6 May 2022, attended by representatives from government, academia and industry. Take-offs and landings for aircraft up to 5.7 tonnes will once again be possible at Magdeburg-Cochstedt Airport, initially in accordance with visual flight rules. Linking the airport with the National Experimental Test Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems of the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR), has created a unique test infrastructure.
One of the best-known products is aspirin. Numerous other pills, capsules or infusions are also produced in Saxony-Anhalt. Behind them are companies such as Bayer Bitterfeld, Salutas, IDT Biologika, Wacker, Merz, Mibe or Oncotec. Saxony-Anhalt is thus one of the top addresses for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, both nationally and globally.
As a region, "airea" covers the entire pharmaceutical value chain: from research and development to production, marketing, logistics and service.
WACKER recently began expanding its Weinberg Campus technology park site into an mRNA competence center. In the future, active ingredients based on messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), such as mRNA vaccines against the coronavirus, will be produced here.
More information and stories about the pharmaceutical hotspot Saxony-Anhalt are available for download. We would be happy to support you in your reporting with contacts, further information or rights-free photos.
The Californian company Intel wants to build two state-of-the-art semiconductor plants in Magdeburg – the first on the European continent for this American corporation. The investment volume is 17 billion euros.
Ice cream manufacturer Florida-Eis in Berlin plans to build Germany’s first carbon neutral ice cream factory in Schönebeck on the outskirts of Magdeburg, creating 250 jobs.
These are just two of numerous examples in Saxony-Anhalt, which show: HERE, the thinking is focused on sustainability and saving resources. We have compiled further examples for you in an attached press kit. We’re also happy to talk to you about this.
At the Zerbst Regenerative Energy Park, GETEC green energy GmbH is building a plant to produce 100 percent green hydrogen: Saxony-Anhalt is a pioneer in building a hydrogen economy.
As part of his summer bicycle tour, Sven Schulze, Saxony-Anhalt's Minister of Economics, Tourism, Agriculture and Forestry, visited Dow ValuePark Schkopau, where he was honored as a "Center of Excellence".
The power of nature: Green Gate Gatersleben, a place of the future Plant biotechnology and plant genome research in the heart of Europe
Premiere: 12 Places of the Future and IMG launch joint skilled worker campaign "Find your future HERE."
We have compiled further examples for you in a press kit. We would be happy to discuss them with you.