- The eDLP, the world’s largest development and test center for high-voltage batteries for passenger cars and commercial vehicles, is due to enter operation at the end of September 2020. This is yet another milestone reached by FEV, the world’s leading independent service provider in vehicle and drive development. The center also represents another chapter in the success story of FEV’s presence in the business location of Saxony-Anhalt – a story that began in 2007 with a groundbreaking ceremony for a continuous testing center for conventional, electric and hybrid drives.
- The aim of the Working Group is to draw from each other’s experience and ideas and to implement joint projects for economic development.
- Road opening ceremony for another new section on the northern extension of the A 14 in Saxony-Anhalt
- The new plant, to be operated by local Polyplastics subsidiary TOPAS Advanced Polymers GmbH, will have a capacity of 20,000 tons per year, more than doubling the company’s current output. The facility will be operational by mid-2023.
- A “run-of-the-river” hydroelectric power station, photovoltaic installation, and battery storage system have been combined to provide facilities in the Patagonia National Park with electricity from renewable energy sources. The park is part of one of the most important nature conservation projects in the world. It was established by the founder of North Face, Douglas Tompkins, and his wife Kristine, previously CEO of the outdoor clothing company Patagonia. The aim of their foundation, Tompkins Conservation, is to rewild the region after decades of heavy overgrazing and desertification.
- Chemical company Münzing in Baden-Württemberg has started a 35 million-euro expansion of its plant in the Chemical and Industry Park Zeitz.
- Merseburg, 04 September 2020 – Today, APK AG – an innovative plastic recycling company from Merseburg, Germany – received the innovation award at eREC, the digital recycling conference. ‘We thank the eREC organisers very much for acknowledging the game-changing contribution APK’s Newcycling® technology delivers to high-quality recycling of complex, flexible plastics packaging waste streams’, says Klaus Wohnig, CEO of APK AG.
26.08.2020 With PM3 progroup will be operating one of the world’s largest and most modern paper factoriesFollowing a record-breaking construction and assembly time of just 18 months, Progroup’s new high-tech paper factory PM3 in Sandersdorf-Brehna is starting to operate.
- Microalgae could provide an alternative source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids for humans while also being more environmentally friendly to produce than popular fish species.
10.07.2020 Sites decision: Meyer Burger wants to establish its own production of solar cells and solar modules in Saxony-Anhalt and SaxonyMeyer Burger selects traditional solar sites in Bitterfeld-Wolfen (Saxony-Anhalt)