- New contact point for Saxony-Anhalt's economic sector: The recently launched network "Sustainability in the Economy" now presents itself with a new website. The homepage www.nachhaltig-wirtschaften-mitteldeutschland.de was created with the support of the Landesenergieagentur Sachsen-Anhalt GmbH (LENA) as a member of the network's core team.
- Z-Software GmbH expand their studio by acquiring the team of Silver Seed Games
23.04.2021 Two leading German companies in medical and cryo technology, Zimmer MedizinSysteme GmbH and MECOTEC GmbH, agree on partnershipThe two leading international suppliers of physio-therapy systems and cryotherapy chambers have agreed on a partnership. The cooperation focuses on the development and distribution of the next generation of cryo chambers for applications in the growing field of medicine, sports and performance management, as well as wellness and beauty.
- Today, AMG Lithium GmbH and Chemiepark Bitterfeld-Wolfen GmbH concluded a purchase agreement for a plot of land on the premises of Chemiepark Bitterfeld-Wolfen. On this property, AMG Lithium will build a production plant for lithium hydroxide battery-grade. The aim is to supply the European battery industry with this key raw material reliably and with short delivery routes.
12.04.2021 A mood of optimism in Saxony-Anhalt: New energy concepts for mobility, industry and municipalitiesIn this central German state, companies are working across a range of different sectors on alternative powertrains for the energy transition, integrated neighborhood concepts and hydrogen applications.
- Hannover Messe Digital Edition from April 12 to 16
IMG presents New Mobility and New Energy solutions from Saxony-Anhalt in the virtual showroom
Join our livestream on 15 April, 10:30 AM to get to know Saxony-Anhalt as a battery location!
25.03.2021 MECOTEC Group from Germany delivers High-Tech Container MCF-8 for the transport and safe deep freeze cold storage at -20°C (-4°F) to - 80°C (-112°F) for Covid-19 Vaccines to the PhilippinesPresentation of the first mobile hybrid container MCF-8 in the presence of the Minister for Economics, Science and Digitization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt, Prof. Dr. Armin Willingmann, and the Deputy Ambassador Chief of Mission Ms. Lillibeth V. Pono of the Philippines in Germany
15.03.2021 IDT Biologika and Takeda support production of the Johnson & Johnson single-shot COVID-19 vaccineIDT Biologika is now using capacities at its Dessau site previously reserved for Takeda Pharmaceutical Company’s dengue vaccine candidate to fill and package the single-shot COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. IDT and Takeda announced an agreement to this end today. The vaccine is manufactured in Dessau for worldwide distribution.
- A new substance could improve the treatment of persistent cancers. Researchers at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) and the University of Greifswald have developed a new inhibitor that makes drug-resistant tumour cells respond again to chemotherapy. The new substance blocks a protein in the cancer cells that normally transports the cancer drugs back out of the cells. The results were published in the scientific journal "Molecules".
- ThermHex Waben GmbH increases its capital to 1 million euros. The shareholders’ meeting of the parent company EconCore NV had already approved this in 2020. The increase of 900,000 euros has now been entered in the commercial register before the end of the financial year. With the very successful financial year and the capital increase, ThermHex is strengthening its position in the market.