16.04.2020 Packaging & material cycles: APK invests over a million euros into analytic facility for plastics recyclatesAPK is fully committed to closing material cycles for different types of packaging solutions with the help of innovative recycling technologies. Shortly before Easter on 12 April the company completed its new laboratory at its production site in Merseburg (Germany). Initially, the facility will focus on LDPE- and polyamide-recyclates, which are destined to be used in packaging applications. APK AG has invested over one million euro in the comprehensive equipment.
- Semi-automated production begins today in Europe’s first gigafactory for commercial battery storage systems, located in Wittenberg, Germany. Innovations in Tesvolt’s production process have enabled extremely flexible and efficient series manufacturing of its lithium-ion storage systems for industry and commerce. Production in the new factory is subject to stringent safety precautions. Additional measures are being taken to protect staff and customers from COVID-19.
10.03.2020 Hierarchical thermoplastic sandwich materials for even more efficient lightweight constructionThe Fraunhofer IMWS and ThermHex Waben GmbH, which manufactures cost-efficient polypropylene (PP) honeycomb cores using a patented production process, have been cooperating in the field of lightweight construction with sandwich materials
- Hydrogen is regarded as the energy source of the future – and rightly so, if it is »green« and is produced from water using electricity generated from renewable energies. With the ELP electrolysis test platform at the Leuna chemical site, Saxony-Anhalt and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft are setting new standards.
24.02.2020 Alternatives to chemical pesticides: 24 European research institutes undertake an ambitious roadmap24 European agricultural science research institutions, including the Julius Kühn Institute, sign the joint declaration "Towards a chemical Pesticide-free Agriculture" on 23 February 2020 on the fringes of the "Paris International Agricultural Show".
- Progroup AG’s new PM3 paper
factory in Sandersdorf-Brehna is being awarded the European Union’s “EcoManagement and Audit Scheme” (EMAS) certificate. This means it is already setting
the benchmark for the future when it comes to sustainability before it starts operating in
30.01.2020 UPM invests in next generation biochemicals to drive a switch from fossil raw materials to sustainable solutionsUPM invests in next generation biochemicals to drive a switch from fossil raw materials to sustainable solutions
- Expansion of testing centre progressing / Opening scheduled for May 2021
16.01.2020 In 2018, the economy of Saxony-Anhalt exported food and beverages with a total value of EUR 1.7 billionIn 2018, Saxony-Anhalt exported food and beverages with a total value of EUR 1.7 billion.
- Joint research project of the Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS and POLIFILM EXTRUSION