- Kenco, a leading provider of value-added distribution, public warehousing, transportation services and intelligent information technology, is now offering integrated international retail and logistics services with German-based Hermes Fulfilment.
15.03.2012 Nagel-Group and Helios Europe invest 19 million euros in logistics centre and create 50 jobsSaxony-Anhalt confirms competitiveness as European hub for transport and logistics
- The number of passengers travelling out of Leipzig-Halle Airport has risen once again. Figures are higher than those for the same period of the previous year, said the airport’s managing director Dierk Näther in an interview with dapd. He spoke of “positive effects” including those created by the routes now offered by Ryanair, adding that following a fall over the past years, the number of travellers in November alone rose by more than seven percent compared to the same month of the previous year to 170,720.
- The way is now clear for the construction of the new marshalling yard in Halle: a financing agreement for the project has been signed by the German Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development (BMVBS) and Deutsche Bahn. Deutsche Bahn is to invest around 120 million euros of both its own and public funds from the national government in the new yard.
- Developing access channels to the North Sea is seen as a task of national importance.
- Continued air cargo growth of over 10%
- Haseloff: Cochstedt Airport is a milestone for the economic development of the region and the federal state