Everyone knows about aspirin®. But did you also know that the best-known painkiller in the world is produced in Saxony-Anhalt? Just like many other pills, capsules and infusions. Behind this are companies such as Bayer Bitterfeld, Salutas/Hexal, Serumwerk, IDT Biologika and Oncotec.
- Around 4,800 people in Saxony-Anhalt work in 16 businesses of the pharmaceuticals industry
- The annual turnover of the industry: 1.3 billion Euros (2015)
- The range of companies stretches from subsidiaries of international companies, to pharmaceutical plants with traditions stretching back decades, to modern biotech companies
- Many years of experience in medicine production
- Companies (selection): Bayer Bitterfeld GmbH, Salutas Pharma GmbH, Serumwerk Bernburg, IDT Biologika GmbH, Oncotec Pharma Produktion GmbH