With the idea of chemical parks, which was born here in Saxony-Anhalt, Leuna, Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Piesteritz, Schkopau and Zeitz became the models for the chemical industry.
HERE, in the chemical parks of Central Germany, companies receive a wide range of services from a single source. This comprises the necessary infrastructure, IT and logistics services up to safety management and the training of skilled workers.
The advantage: companies can concentrate fully on their core business right from the start.
The close-meshed feedstock integration network between the chemical sites in Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Leuna, Schkopau/Böhlen, Zeitz, Piesteritz and Schwarzheide ensures the fast and inexpensive availability of raw and auxiliary materials.
The 5 chemical parks in Saxony-Anhalt offer companies convincing advantages:
- Central German Chemical Triangle: traditional and innovative location of the chemical and plastics industry in the centre of Europe.
- Cradle of the chemical parks: Germany's first chemical park was founded in Bitterfeld-Wolfen in 1893 - and the foundation stone was laid for the chemical location of Saxony-Anhalt. Today the federal state is one of the most modern chemical centers in Europe.
- Raw materials: Companies benefit from feedstock integration and substance-specific know-how at the chemical sites.
- Plug&Play efficiency: The chemical park concept enables the resident companies to concentrate on their core business
- Excellent connections to the European transport network - road, rail, pipeline and air.
- High quality and safety standards.
- Great industrial acceptance in the Chemical Triangle: 97% of the population in southern Saxony-Anhalt believe that industry is very important for the region; in Cologne, however, the figure is only 56%.
- Training, research and product development: in companies, at universities, universities of applied sciences and research institutes such as Max-Planck and Fraunhofer.
In the feedstock integration of the CeChemNet sites Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Leuna, Schkopau/Böhlen, Zeitz and Schwarzheide, companies benefit from an integrated supply of raw materials and substance-specific know-how at the chemical sites.
The companies in the chemical parks of Saxony-Anhalt have always set international standards in their field.