Saxony-Anhalt at BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology
IMG and BioEconomy Cluster promote the business location Saxony-Anhalt at BIO World Congress 2018
From July 16 - 19, we present the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt at BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology in Philadelphia / USA as leading edge business and science region for biotechnology in Germany which offers ideal conditions to set up business.
Visit us at Booth #123.
HERE Bioeconomy is scaled for markets.
Sustainable economic growth requires the responsible use of resources. This is a reality in Saxony-Anhalt: more than half of gross electricity produced in the state comes from renewable sources of energy.
As a long standing location for the nutrition, chemicals, wood/cellulose and agricultural economy, we have excellent knowledge of renewable resources and biotechnology processes as the basis for industry, energy and nutrition.
HERE is where we have understood the cycles of nature, think "bioeconomc" and thereby are scaled for success.
Good Reasons - The strengths of Saxony-Anhalt as a location for the Bioeconomy
- Excellent location for technology and engineering
- Long-standing location for wood/cellulose and the agricultural economy
- Innovation location for the chemical industry with 5 chemical parks
- Scale-up expertise: from laboratory scale to the pilot scale
- High performing agriculture and forestry
- Central location, modern infrastructure, proximity to sales markets
- High standards of quality and safety
- Best investment conditions
- Leader in qualified occupational trainings and training standards
- Unique research density, innovative and competitive leading technologies such as: Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation IFF, Fraunhofer Centre for Chemical and Biotechnology Processes CBP, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Rottleberode Centre for Wood, Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, High Performance Centre for Chemical and Bio-systems Technology.
Saxony-Anhalt: Competence in Biotech & Pharma
Saxony-Anhalt provides the ideal "plug & play"- environment for biotech companies from the entire range of pharmaceutical, plant-based and industrial biotechnology. You will find excellent conditions with specialist R&D focus at dedicated sites like the Weinberg Campus, the BioPharmaPark, the Central Germany Chemical Triangle and the Biotech Start-Up Center. Saxony-Anhalt offers immediately available commercial and laboratory space, rapid administrative and funding decision-making, and close networking between science and industry.
Biotech center Saxony-Anhalt as investment location
Sites for biotechnical and pharmaceutical plants
- Biopharmaceutical industrial parks
- Available and fully-zoned sites at moderate costs in a flat area
- Investment incentives up to 30 % of eligible costs
- Research and development subsidies up to 80 %
- Personnel training incentives up to 80 %
Available and skilled labor
- More than 55,000 students
- 76 % of employees in Saxony-Anhalt have completed at least one course of occupational training
- Excellent networking between 7 universities, 15 research institutes, and 40 biotech and pharmaceutical companies
Speed and ease of implementation
- Winner of Top IPA Award 2016: IMG has be en awarded as one of the best regional economic development agencies in Europe