IMG promotes the business location Saxony-Anhalt at BIO World Congress 2018.
From July 16 - 19, we present - together with our partners BioEconomy Cluster, EW Biotech GmbH and the Fraunhofer-Institut fpr Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS - the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt at BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology in Philadelphia / USA as leading edge business and science region for biotechnology in Germany which offers ideal conditions to set up business.
Visit us at Booth #213.
Partners from industry and research are working on the foundations of the material and energetic use of non-food biomass. Relevant sectors, like the timber and forestry industry, the chemical industry, the plastics industry and plant engineering, are all working together as part of a regional centre of competency in bioeconomics. An integrated approach to up-scaling enables processes to be developed quickly from laboratory to industrial scale.
EW Biotech GmbH, a subsidiary of EW Nutrition GmbH, operates a multi-purpose biotech plant in Leuna. In addition to scale-up and contract manufacturing, the facility will enable expanded research and development activities in the field of bio-based chemicals, feed and food additives.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS is a methodologically oriented Fraunhofer Institute in the material sciences and materials engineering disciplines. The Fraunhofer IMWS is a contact for industry and public clients for all issues concerning materials and systems – with the objective of increasing material efficiency and profitability and to use resources carefully.
In the Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Park, investors can benefit from a modern infrastructure, specific for the chemical industry, as well as from services rendered individually. Closed feedstock cycles and a network of innovative companies are further advantages of the location. The position in the dynamic business region Leipzig-Halle offers competent business and science partners in close proximity.
The Investment and Marketing Corporation Saxony-Anhalt is the economic development agency of the German federal state of Saxony-Anhalt. We act as partner for business, helping you to find the right site
- in assisting with funding and financing
- in dealing with the public authorities
- with all queries relating to project implementation.
- Our service is confidential and free of charge.
Sustainable economic growth requires the responsible use of resources. This is a reality in Saxony-Anhalt: more than half of gross electricity produced in the state comes from renewable sources of energy.
As a long standing location for the nutrition, chemicals, wood/cellulose and agricultural economy, we have excellent knowledge of renewable resources and biotechnology processes as the basis for industry, energy and nutrition.
HERE is where we have understood the cycles of nature, think "bioeconomc" and thereby are scaled for success.
- Excellent location for technology and engineering
- Long-standing location for wood/cellulose and the agricultural economy
- Innovation location for the chemical industry with 5 chemical parks
- Scale-up expertise: from laboratory scale to the pilot scale
- High performing agriculture and forestry
- Central location, modern infrastructure, proximity to sales markets
- High standards of quality and safety
- Best investment conditions
- Leader in qualified occupational trainings and training standards
- Unique research density, innovative and competitive leading technologies such as: Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation IFF, Fraunhofer Centre for Chemical and Biotechnology Processes CBP, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Rottleberode Centre for Wood, Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, High Performance Centre for Chemical and Bio-systems Technology.
Click to enlarge
Sites for biotechnical and pharmaceutical plants
- Biopharmaceutical industrial parks
- Available and fully-zoned sites at moderate costs in a flat area
- Investment incentives up to 30 % of eligible costs
- Research and development subsidies up to 80 %
- Personnel training incentives up to 80 %
Available and skilled labor
- More than 55,000 students
- 76 % of employees in Saxony-Anhalt have completed at least one course of occupational training
- Excellent networking between 7 universities, 15 research institutes, and 40 biotech and pharmaceutical companies
Speed and ease of implementation
- Winner of Top IPA Award 2016: IMG has be en awarded as one of the best regional economic development agencies in Europe