From June 3 - 6, we present the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt at BIO International Convention 2019 in Philadelphia as leading edge business and science region for biotechnology in Germany which offers ideal conditions to set up business.
Visit us at the German Pavillion.
We bundle news and background information. You find here: information and success stories of the biotech industry of the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt.
Saxony-Anhalt provides the ideal "plug & play"- environment for biotech companies from the entire range of pharmaceutical, plant-based and industrial biotechnology. You will find excellent conditions with specialist R&D focus at dedicated sites like the Weinberg Campus, the BioPharmaPark, the Central Germany Chemical Triangle and the Biotech Start-Up Center. Saxony-Anhalt offers immediately available commercial and laboratory space, rapid administrative and funding decision-making, and close networking between science and industry.
Sites for biotechnical and pharmaceutical plants
- Biopharmaceutical industrial parks
- Available and fully-zoned sites at moderate costs in a flat area
- Investment incentives up to 30 % of eligible costs
- Research and development subsidies up to 80 %
- Personnel training incentives up to 80 %
Available and skilled labor
- More than 55,000 students
- 76 % of employees in Saxony-Anhalt have completed at least one course of occupational training
- Excellent networking between 7 universities, 15 research institutes, and 40 biotech and pharmaceutical companies
Speed and ease of implementation
- Winner of Top IPA Award 2016: IMG has be en awarded as one of the best regional economic development agencies in Europe
The BIO International Convention (BIO) attracts about 16,000 biotechnology and pharma leaders who come together for one week of intensive networking to discover new opportunities and promising partnerships. This event covers a wide spectrum of life science and application areas including drug discovery, biomanufacturing, genomics, biofuels, nanotechnology and cell therapy.