News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- More flexible printing thanks to combined expertise
Now they’re the European market leaders: Christiansen Print from Ilsenburg in Saxony-Anhalt and the THIMM Group from Northeim in Lower Saxony, who combined their printing capacity in June 2010. THIMM replaces the previous investor in Christiansen Print, which is led by the Danish entrepreneur Lars Christiansen. Thanks to this new strategic partnership, both companies are now fully focused on growth.
- If you’ve ever moved from cramped living conditions into a large house, you’ll know how the docupoint staff are feeling now. The printing company has moved from their offices in the centre of Magdeburg to a new company building in Ostfalen Technology Park, just outside the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. More space for more production.
- The coating of curved three-dimensional surfaces is getting a technological boost this year. The new equipment and processes developed for this in the “reactive wet coating” growth centre ensure that the wet coats applied to plastic, metal or glass are extremely thin and even.
- Online banking, sending emails, saving customer and company data: laptops and computers are used every day. But what happens if the computer is stolen or the laptop is left on a plane? There’ll be no happy evening looking at family photographs. But it’s especially difficult if confidential customer documents are saved unprotected on the company laptop and get into the wrong hands to be read, distributed or even misused. How can the constantly growing amount of saved data be protected safely? The staff at DIGITTRADE, from Teutschenthal near Halle, have taken on this challenge and developed an encrypting hard drive called “High Security”, currently one of the most secure methods of protection against data theft.
- eng_Bankgeschäfte am Computer erledigen, Mails verschicken, Kunden- und Unternehmensdaten speichern: Der Umgang mit Notebooks und Computern ist Alltag. Doch was passiert, wenn diese Geräte gestohlen werden, das Notebook im Flieger vergessen wird? Nichts wird es mit dem gemütlichen Abend, um die Familienfotos zu bestaunen. Doch besonders heikel ist es, wenn auf dem Firmen-Notebook vertrauliche Unterlagen von Kunden ungeschützt gespeichert sind und in fremde Hände geraten, eingelesen und verbreitet oder gar missbraucht werden. Wie kann die stetig wachsende Zahl der gespeicherten Daten sicher geschützt werden? Dieser Aufgabe stellten sich die Mitarbeiter der Firma DIGITTRADE aus Teutschenthal bei Halle und entwickelten eine verschlüsselnde Festplatte mit dem Namen „High Security“, eine der derzeit sichersten Möglichkeiten um sich gegen Datendiebstahl zu schützen.
- Saxony Anhalt's Minister of Economic Affairs Dr. Reiner Haseloff has found a number of personalities from the economy, science and education for the jury of the renowned Hugo Junkers Innovation Prize 2010.
- "The mill rattles at the murmuring brook…" even the old folk song sings of the use of water power in ancient times. In those days, millstones, saw mills and hammer mills were operated. Now, the energy of the water, if the conditions allow it, is used to generate electricity. The environmentally friendly alternative in the form of a floating hydroelectric power plant on the Elbe is causing a sensation in Magdeburg.
- The target of the INVESTFORUM Saxony-Anhalt is supporting innovative and technology oriented companies in start up or growth phases to acquire appropriate (equity) capital. Furthermore, venture capitalists, business angels and other financiers will have exclusive contact with selected, growth oriented business start ups and young entrepreneurs.
- In the Science Year 2010 – The Future of Energy, the nationwide Day of Energy is taking place for the first time on 25 September 2010. The sponsors of the Science Year Energy, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the initiative Science in Dialogue and the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, are issuing invitations to participate in the Day of Energy.
- A hinterland location introduces itself. On August 19th an information event for interested companies, Chambers of Commerce, shippers as well as manufacturing industry is taking place in Warnemünde, Hotel Neptun, as part of the 7th Baltic Transport Forums of the DVWG to present the logistics expertise of the State of Saxony-Anhalt.