News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
19.08.2010 Martin Luther University and University of Leipzig best universities in Eastern Germany in the Shanghai Ranking once againIn the latest league table of the world’s 1000 best universities, the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) and the University of Leipzig have come out top among East German universities for the fourth year in a row.
- The Supervisory Board of Q-Cells SE has named Nedim Cen as CEO of Q-Cells SE for the next five years.
06.08.2010 Haseloff: Already the first requests for free in-dustrial surfaces, personnel and promotionThe Ministry gives positive feedback on the Saudi-Arabian delegation’ visit
06.08.2010 FuelCon AG formally opens its new company building with Saxony-Anhalt's Minister of Economic AffairsNew headquarters sets the course for future growth
- Haseloff: “The head start concerning the renewable energy offers the local economy a chance to attract investments”
- Invitation to the ChemiePark Bitterfeld-Wolfen and to the Garden Kingdom Dessau-Wörlitz
- To strengthen economic relations between Saxony-Anhalt and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the field of renewable energies a high ranking business delegation from Saudi-Arabia is visiting Saxony-Anhalt. A conference on solar industry tomorrow will be the start of a three-day-visit.
31.07.2010 Bayer Bitterfeld GmbH: Dr. Christian Schleicher reports on a positive year - "We have achieved our targets"Investments of 25 million Euros are planned for the industrial park
"We are happy with developments in 2009, as Bayer Bitterfeld GmbH was able to achieve its targets. The number of tablets produced remained at a high level. We continue to be on the right track". This positive conclusion was reached by Dr. Christian Schleicher, the manager of Bayer Bitterfeld GmbH (BBG), on Thursday 29th July 2010 during the company's press conference for the plant at the Bayer Bitterfeld industrial park.
- To strengthen economic relations between Saxony-Anhalt and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the field of renewable energies, Minister of Economics Dr. Reiner Haseloff will receive a high ranking business delegation from the biggest national economy of the Middle East. During their three-day visit, the representatives from business, politics and science in Saudi Arabia want to inform themselves on the potential of Saxony-Anhalt as a site for renewable energies. For this, Haseloff will open a one-day solar conference in Magdeburg next Tuesday which will also be attended by 100 representatives from businesses and research institutes from the whole of Germany.
- Torben Jacobs sits at the computer in the office. Dad Thomas’s drawing board is right next to him. The nine year old is enjoying his school holidays and is happy to look in on the office. He’s going to grammar school after the summer holidays and he knows exactly why. Because he has already chosen his profession: “I’m going to take over Daddy’s company.” Thomas Jacobs, Managing Director of the company “Maschinenbau Jacobs” laughs. “My son would then be the fifth generation to run the company. But until then a lot of water is going flow down the River Saale.”