News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- Saxony-Anhalt starts Logistics.Initiative and wants to network the industry even closer. Outstanding infrastructure and pronounced promotional landscape are plus points.
- Saxony-Anhalt’s industrial areas score points with a high degree of infrastructure
First commercial parks are already being expanded due to reception
Situated in the heart of Europe and furnished with an outstandingly constructed infrastructure, Saxony-Anhalt offers excellent opportunities for economic growth. Not only the connection to the road, railways, air and water transport routes are available to the federal state for the development of existing potentials, but also a substantial available surface area. Flexibility in the spatial configuration, short processing times and numerous promotional programmes are further plus points which make a decision in favour of Saxony-Anhalt easy.
28.09.2010 Parts from Saxony-Anhalt fly along with Boeing and Airbus: Bitterfeld-based P-D Aircraft Interior GmbH produces for world market leaderAviation is back in Saxony-Anhalt. In the state that possessed one of the world centres of aviation in the 1920s with Dessau, this industry was in a sorry state for decades. This is over. Parts from Saxony-Anhalt now fly along with long-range and medium-range aircraft which are delivered by the world market leaders in the aircraft industry, Airbus and Boeing, says Tobias Lux, CEO of the P-D Aircraft Interior GmbH in Bitterfeld-Wolfen
- Research and development pay off. The Stasskol GmbH from Staßfurt obtained two patents this year and last year. With them, the company has protected new technical solutions with piston rod sealing gaskets. Both are world firsts, and will make compressors more reliable and work longer in the future.
28.09.2010 Plastics Engineering Degree Programme: Close Cooperation with Industry – Money lacking for Endowed ProfessorshipsA pre-start status prevails at the Merseburg University of Applied Sciences (FH) at the moment. The bachelor degree course in plastics engineering starts there on 1st October. “Up to now, 14 students have enrolled,” reports University Prorector Professor Dr. Jörg Kirbs.
28.09.2010 Korean Firm uses Proximity to East European Markets: Sandersdorf-Brehna expands Commercial Zone – Railway Siding to comeFor three years, Korean company Mobis Parts Europe has maintained its Germany regional office at Sandersdorf-Brehna in the Anhalt-Bitterfeld administrative district, directly on the A 9 Berlin-Munich motorway. The largest Korean company for the sale and export of car spare parts supplies central warehouses in several European countries from the commercial zone in the vicinity of the Schkeuditz motorway junction. All German Kia and Hyundai dealers are directly served from Brehna. The Brehna-based Mobis Parts branch office also supplies 14 countries for the automobile brand Kia and 15 countries for Hyundai.
- From 28th September to 1st October 2010, 25 Dutch enterprises, bank representatives and suppliers who would like to invest in greenhouse projects will visit Saxony-Anhalt. They will be welcomed at the Magdeburg Cultural History Museum by Jürgen Stadelmann, State Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture and Environment for the State of Saxony-Anhalt.
- The consequences of decline in population and housing vacancy are also the decisive challenge for local politics in Magdeburg. The societal changes – especially in the new federal states – are unprecedented and require sustainable solutions. From the point of view of housing market development there are no alternatives to urban redevelopment.
- Two universities – Otto-von-Guericke University and Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences – and 17 research institutions make Magdeburg a centre of research and development. This is the potential which emanates from the stimuli for the settlement and new foundation of research institutions and enterprises in the realm of innovative technologies.
- At the 25th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC) from September 6th – 9th, 2010, Q-Cells SE, one of the largest
providers of photovoltaic solutions, will showcase its innovative portfolio along with a new process designed to increase quality in the field of photovoltaics. At the exhibition stand (L2/H1/B6), solar industry visitors will find not only a range of solar cells, modules and systems, but also be able to view a laser marking demonstration designed to give an insight into this innovation and its benefits. This technology enables each individual solar cell to be identified and assigned to the corresponding production step. “The laser marking of solar cells is an ideal way to ensure quality and optimize processes”, says Hans-Gerd Füchtenkort, CSO of Q-Cells SE. “This underlines our high quality standards as a premium provider in the solar photovoltaic market.”