News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- At Zeitz Industrial Park, MÜNZING Micro Technologies GmbH makes a versatile product with the rarely-used process of spray micronisation.
- The pharmaceutical company Merz distributes its medical aesthetic products across the world. The facility at the BioPharmaPark in Dessau-Roßlau has played a large part in the company’s success since 2002. A new production facility was put into operation here in September 2019. Merz expanded its range with dermal fillers based on hyaluronic acid.
- The MinAscent with its two companies Technologies and Production GmbH is based in the chemical park Leuna. The signs are focused on growth - the conditions are good.
28.10.2019 Ahead of the curve: “hidden champion” PSC is developing procedures for highly-purified silicon compoundsPSC Polysilane Chemistry GmbH (PSC) is revolutionising the semiconductor market with its patented procedure for producing highly-purified oligosilanes, hydrosilanes and polysilanes. The “hidden champion” from Bitterfeld-Wolfen is often ahead of the curve.
24.09.2019 First company in the EU to produce raw material with great application potential: Deutsche Basalt Faser GmbH
Whether it’s in concrete or as structural components of motor vehicles: thanks to their advantages, basalt fibres that are drawn from volcanic rock are an alternative to conventional raw materials such as glass or carbon fibres. The manufacturing process is now being used in Saxony-Anhalt and was developed in Georgia.
- With their good ecological balance, natural fibres are becoming increasingly important for the research and development of lightweight and intelligent materials. The Competence Centre for Engineering Sciences/Renewable Resources at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences focuses on fibre-polymer composites – materials with completely new properties.
24.09.2019 Turning old into new - KRAIBURG Relastec produces quality products from recycled materialsProtecting the global environment has made the resource-saving use of petroleum-based raw materials increasingly important. The company KRAIBURG Relastec manufactures high-quality products from recycled rubber granulate in northern Saxony-Anhalt which are sold worldwide. Its customers include architects, planners, systems providers in the construction, railways, playground and sports sectors, as well as providers of floor coverings for the area of horse husbandry.
- Together with scientists from Fraunhofer Institutes and other partners, the experts at the SKZ Plastics Centre in Saxony-Anhalt are developing "intelligent" components made from fibre-reinforced composites. Innovative, cost-efficient sensors in the material could be used to monitor wind turbine rotors during operations, for example.
- Virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) are opening doors to new worlds in all sectors. Computer games, in particular, are paving the way for innovative technologies: nowadays, modern gaming technology isn’t just being used in entertainment, it can be found in every industry. The Magdeburg-based company "2tainment GmbH" is demonstrating the strength of companies from Saxony-Anhalt in the market.