News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
25.09.2020 The World’s Largest and Eagerly Awaited Test Center for High-Voltage Batteries Set to Open in Saxony-AnhaltThe eDLP, the world’s largest development and test center for high-voltage batteries for passenger cars and commercial vehicles, is due to enter operation at the end of September 2020. This is yet another milestone reached by FEV, the world’s leading independent service provider in vehicle and drive development. The center also represents another chapter in the success story of FEV’s presence in the business location of Saxony-Anhalt – a story that began in 2007 with a groundbreaking ceremony for a continuous testing center for conventional, electric and hybrid drives.
- Companies, corporations and research institutes all over the world are currently trying to find a quicker way to test for coronavirus. Together with its partners, the Halle-based company NH DyeAGNOSTICS GmbH (NHD) is developing a test that can show whether a person has the virus in a matter of minutes. Managing partner Dr. Jan Heise is at the helm of the project and driving it forward; he is a prime example of the contribution being made by Saxony-Anhalt’s scientists and businesses in the current circumstances.
- The printing works and advertising agency MERCO MTW has made a virtue out of necessity by opening up new business areas in difficult times. On the back of the start of the pandemic and the introduction of lockdowns, the Merseburg-based company expanded its portfolio to include mobile and stationary protective screens that guard against infection, as well as other products. The medium-sized company has experience in producing trade fair stands and was one of the first suppliers that delivered impressive results for customers across Germany in this way. It is a glowing example of how Saxony-Anhalt can quickly reposition itself in response to the market using digital working methods.
- Navigo Proteins GmbH from Saxony-Anhalt has developed a binding protein for the industrial purification of coronavirus vaccines. Precision Capturing will allow biotherapeutics to be purified significantly more efficiently and economically in the future. The researchers were awarded a prize in recognition of their procedure as part of the IQ Innovationspreis Mitteldeutschland 2020 (IQ Innovation Award for Central Germany 2020).
- MicroPro GmbH in Gommern is researching regenerative hydrogen production from biomass
- Prof. Dr. Sinz from Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg is working on combating the pandemic, developing new test methods and pushing ahead with research
- The bioeconomy cluster in central Germany is focusing on the sustainable use of biomass
- Alternative crop protection agents are being developed at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- Researchers from Magdeburg analyze the conditions needed for the bioeconomy
- The strategies of the “BioZ – Biobased innovations from Zeitz” alliance