News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- A flagship project for the energy transition is underway in Zerbst in Saxony-Anhalt, where the energy service provider GETEC is working with partners from industry and research to establish a green energy park that will generate electricity from solar and wind energy and from biomass. Now an electrolysis plant and the accompanying logistics infrastructure for producing and distributing 100 percent green hydrogen for regional use are being built.
- The gas and engineering company Linde is doubling its capacity for producing liquid hydrogen at the Chemical Park Leuna in the south of Saxony-Anhalt. The new liquefaction plant, which will come into operation during the coming year, fits seamlessly into the state’s hydrogen strategy.
- The Wissenschaftlich-Technisches Zentrum für Motoren- und Maschinenforschung Roßlau (scientific and technical center for engine and machine research or WTZ) has developed a solution of this kind in the form of a zero-emission closed cycle engine and has a number of other green projects in the pipeline.
20.05.2021 The world’s first underground hydrogen storage facility is being created in Saxony-AnhaltSaxony-Anhalt puts the emphasis on green hydrogen in the energy transition. In the Bad Lauchstädt Energy Park, the world’s first large-scale trial of power-to-gas, the conversion of climate-neutral wind power into hydrogen, is being held, which involves transforming a salt cavern into a large storage facility. The project is now starting to take shape.
- Power-to-X technology is seen as a highly promising solution in the effort to achieve carbon neutrality as the process is used to produce hydrogen using renewable electricity. The resulting green hydrogen can be used as fuel, for example. Saxony-Anhalt is backing the use of this powerful environmentally friendly source of energy. An innovative strategy for bringing about an energy transformation at town level is being tested in the Energieregion Staßfurt (Energy Region of Staßfurt), the Hydrogen Factory of the Future is being developed in Magdeburg and the railroad technology alliance TRAINS is developing a green railcar in the region of Anhalt.
- Saxony-Anhalt company implements innovative solutions in Europe
- DENKweit GmbH from Halle (Saale) develops measuring equipment for non-destructive tests of battery modules.
- Electric cars help to improve air quality in cities. During the production of the cars and, in particular, the batteries, emphasis is placed on their environmental footprint and sustainability, not only their performance. Researchers from Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg are developing self-healing polymers that can increase the storage capacity of lithium-ion batteries and, at the same time, extend their useful life.
- In only a short period, the start-up SMELA from Saxony-Anhalt has received several awards for the electromechanical linear actuators it has developed. The systems are compact, energy-saving and robust and could soon replace conventional pneumatic drives.
- The development of “new mobility” has begun to accelerate and Saxony-Anhalt is already in the fast lane, as Max Fuhr, the commercial manager of the Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Park, explains: “There is a mood of optimism here, because you can’t have batteries without chemicals.”