News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- Startup InLine-Med develops products for optimized image-guided interventions
- Halberstadt is the only mid-sized town in Saxony-Anhalt. Yet its growth is above average. Some 200 companies – many of them in the medtech industry – have taken up residence in the town’s six business parks. Thanks to close cooperation between businesses and the local authorities, efficient decision making is a major factor in the town’s growth trajectory. But that’s just one of several assets in Halberstadt’s favor.
- Halle-based software company celloon GmbH is developing special mobile apps for the healthcare market
- Immune modulator IMU-838 – a next-generation active substance
- IDT Biologika in Dessau-Roßlau specializes in the development and production of viral vaccines
- Researchers from Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt are now planning a facility that could soon be used to convert waste into synthetic fuels in Leuna, a centre of the chemical industry.
- Elektro-Thermit GmbH & Co. KG is a medium-sized company in Halle an der Saale and the largest subsidiary of the Goldschmidt Thermit Group. It is the global market leader for special rail network maintenance services and a "Hidden Champion" from Saxony-Anhalt.
- The recycling machines of Doppstadt Calbe GmbH from Saxony-Anhalt are used worldwide, in Fukushima, Japan, for the rehabilitation of the lagoon in Venice, all over Europe after hurricane Kyrill 2007 or after hurricane Katarina in New Orleans. The company was named "Hidden Champion" by the WirtschaftsWoche and the University of Sankt Gallen.
- Selected information from Saxony-Anhalt can be found HERE.
- In Germany there is a road that leads to milk and cheese. Farms and cheese dairies in Germany have joined together to form the "Milk and Cheese Road” (Milch- und Käsestraße) – a road which also runs straight through Saxony-Anhalt.