News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- Around 80 percent of Saxony-Anhalt’s population lives in rural areas. That calls for a lot of mobility. How do we reconcile this with efforts to reduce traffic volumes and harmful emissions? Researchers at Otto von Guericke University (OVGU) in Magdeburg are developing intelligent mobility concepts.
- The innovative railroad technology alliance TRAINS is tackling climate change on the railroads in Saxony-Anhalt
- Curved graphene is used in ultracapacitors. The energy storage devices can be quickly discharged and recharged, making them particularly suited to the automotive, transport and space sectors. Last year, the Saxony-Anhalt-based company Black Magic received the Hugo Junkers Prize for its development of curved graphene.
- SCIENCE YEAR 2020 - BIOECONOMY
Article: What science says
A contribution by Prof. Dr. Carola Griehl, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- Swiss firm Vitruvia GmbH is Europe’s leading specialist in cleaning systems for surgical robots, and has now relocated its head office to Schönebeck
- Startup Torque3 in San José, California and Sachsenring Bike Manufaktur in Sangerhausen are tinkering with a bicycle – for neurorehabilitation
- Startup InLine-Med develops products for optimized image-guided interventions
- Halberstadt is the only mid-sized town in Saxony-Anhalt. Yet its growth is above average. Some 200 companies – many of them in the medtech industry – have taken up residence in the town’s six business parks. Thanks to close cooperation between businesses and the local authorities, efficient decision making is a major factor in the town’s growth trajectory. But that’s just one of several assets in Halberstadt’s favor.
- Halle-based software company celloon GmbH is developing special mobile apps for the healthcare market