News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- [Translate to English:] Magdeburger Startup Visaright beschleunigt die Gewinnung ausländischer Fachkräfte
15.10.2020 Health + IT Campus Magdeburg – Opportunities for Start-Ups in a New Innovation Hub for Medical TechnologyInvitation to the first HIT healthcare hackathon from November 20 to 22
- Miltitz Aromatics GmbH in Chemical Park Bitterfeld-Wolfen is one of the world’s most in-demand manufacturers of aromas and fragrances
- The German government’s National Hydrogen Strategy aims to transform the country into the world’s leading supplier of modern hydrogen technologies. When it comes to developing a green hydrogen economy, Saxony-Anhalt is a pioneer, having already seen innovative ideas grow into lighthouse projects. Central Germany’s model region for hydrogen is home to an entire value chain that produces green hydrogen using renewable energies, stores it and transports it.
- Chemists at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg in Saxony-Anhalt have discovered how electrodes can be improved in the future using an innovative process. The method could enable materials to withstand the variable conditions that come with the use of renewable energy, helping to simplify the production of green hydrogen.
06.10.2020 Scientists at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg Achieve Breakthrough in Battery ResearchThe Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg has significantly advanced the development of e-mobility: Felix Marske and the working group headed by Prof. Hahn from the Institute for Chemistry have developed a new material whose phase transition from a liquid to a solid makes it suitable both as a coolant and a heat storage material. It is particularly promising for the automotive industry as a coolant and relevant to the construction industry as a heat storage material.
- [Translate to English:] Investitionsstandort Sachsen-Anhalt. Bei Investoren heiß begehrt
- ORGANICA Feinchemie GmbH Wolfen develops multi-step synthesis methods commis-sioned by customers to produce materials with sophisticated organic structures.
- The full-service IT provider GISA broke the 100-million-euro mark for the first time in the 2019 financial year. Despite the coronavirus pandemic, the company in Halle (Saale) is once again on the path to success this year. It brought in significant orders to Saxony-Anhalt and won over its customers with digital solutions and practical support during lockdown.
- Ledermann follows the “guiding principles of a respectable businessman,” describes himself as a “modern nomad” and sees the town of Köthen as the cradle of Mercateo, a business that has been growing for many years now. He is on the board of directors at the company, which is Europe’s leading online procurement platform for business customers. At a time when society and the economy are deeply affected by the pandemic, he is championing the town of Köthen in Saxony-Anhalt and swears by the benefits of digitalization and virtues such as honesty, reliability and integrity.