What has happened in the local economy? An overview of the most important news items.
- Better incentives for investment, greater weighting for negotiated wages, support for company succession arrangements as well as research and development, stricter rules on company relocations, and the extension of the funding possibilities for municipalities and administrative districts: such are the key points of the new state-wide rules on the promotion of investment. All information.
- Pharma Wernigerode GmbH expands its location. The company is investing seven million Euros in a new production facility which will mainly be used for the production of herbal solutions, drops, salves and creams. Read more.
- Mercateo, Europe's leading B2B procurement platform, has opened new office premises at the Köthen site. Dr. Reiner Haseloff, State Premier of Saxony-Anhalt, attended the opening ceremony and took the opportunity of his tour of the building to hold direct talks with the employees and to emphasise the importance of Mercateo in the region. Find out more.
- KraussMaffei Berstorff coextrusion combination for profile production in twin strand. Schüco Polymer Technologies KG, a longtime KraussMaffei Berstorff customer, will be commissioning a coextrusion combination in the twin strand at the Weißenfels plant early this year.Read more.
THINGS TO KNOW
- A new app from Fraunhofer development engineers looks directly inside objects and displays specific constituents. It has numerous uses: For instance, apples can be scanned for pesticide residues. Applications will be added successively following the Wikipedia principle. Find out more.
- A medical technology project with the name of "fast care" is underway at Harz University of Applied Sciences. The goal of the forward-looking project is to make it easier for old people and people in need of assistance to contact doctors and providers of medical care, particularly if their personal mobility is restricted. " Click here to read.
- A collaboration for the future between mechanical engineers and medics in Magdeburg: with the use of new materials, researchers at the orthopaedic university hospital and Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences want to develop hypoallergenic, antibacterial, wear-free implants, primarily for use in hip and knee prostheses. Their goal: to avoid operations and to increase the well-being of the patients. Read more.
SAVE THE DATE
- Saxony-Anhalt at CeBIT 2017: IT solutions from Saxony-Anhalt are presented from 20 to 24 March 2016 in Hannover at CeBIT 2017 - in Hall 6 / Booth B47. Fresh and innovative, will be the state's presentation of the IT industry of Saxony-Anhalt in Hannover. This year's focus is on Cloud-Computung, IT-Safety and E-Health project and solutions. Find out more.
- Saxony-Anhalt at HANNOVER MESSE 2017: From 24th to 28th of April, 2017 at the joint booth of Saxony-Anhalt, small and medium sized business will present innovations, solutions and application examples in these fields. Visit us in Hall 4 / Booth G05. Meet us.
- Saxony-Anhalt at BIO International 2017: From June 19 - 22, IMG presents the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt at BIO International Convention 2017 in San Diego as leading edge business and science region for biotechnology in Germany which offers ideal conditions to set up business. Visit us at booth 4607-6 at the German Pavilion - and online.
- Intersolar Europe 2017 will be held in Munich from May 31st to June 2nd. It is the world's leading trade fair for the solar energy industry and its partners. The Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt will again present itself with a joint stand. Resident companies, initiatives and associations thus have the opportunity to present themselves to the international public. Visit us in Hall A3, stand 560.
From May 9 – 12, 2017, logistics companies from Saxony-Anhalt will be attending the transport logistic China in Munich, the international trade fair for logistics, telematics and transport. You are welcome at Hall B3 / booth 214.