News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- As part of Europe’s COVR robot safety project, the Fraunhofer Institute IFF in Magdeburg is researching collaborative technology that helps advance the digitalization of production processes.
- Is there a way to optimize the online customer journey and make messages on websites more reader-friendly? Halle (Saale) startup Adsata has developed an as-yet unrivalled program which does exactly that, using webcam eye tracking technology and data protection compliant analytics that help improve marketing.
- . In a joint project, software engineers from the University of Magdeburg and employees of the Saxony-Anhalt State Criminal Police Office and of METOP GmbH in Magdeburg have developed a three-dimensional operations monitoring system that can provide the police with important information about possible hazards during their deployments. There are also other potential applications for the technology.
- For many years, computer games had a bad reputation, but the idea that games are only played by nerds who spend hours on their consoles avoiding social interaction is a thing of the past. For many people, computer and video games are a form of creative entertainment. They combine the analog and the digital worlds and allow processes and products to be re-imagined. In Saxony-Anhalt, the development of games and the spread of digitalization have been given a new impetus.
- Circularity, education and initiatives: creative ideas for developing the bioeconomy
- The bioeconomy is playing a central role in paving the way to a sustainable and climate-neutral economy. Saxony-Anhalt is fast becoming a model region for all things bioeconomy. The importance of natural raw materials and environmentally friendly production is also being embraced more and more in the packaging and paper industry. Take Aleithe Haftetiketten GmbH from Lutherstadt Wittenberg, for example, which produces its labels using grass and marble.
- A start-up is developing a system to simplify the construction of straw bale houses
- Intensive research is being carried out in Saxony-Anhalt into biorefinery concepts for microalgae
- The coal-mining region of central Germany is reinventing itself. It is moving away from its 150-year-old image as an important supplier of brown coal to become a new model region for the bioeconomy. Research institutions and businesses are paving the way for this new development and playing a pioneering role in a fertile area for innovation with the support of funding from the Structural Reinforcement Act.
- BeST to InveST - There is always something new to report about Saxony-Anhalt as a business and science location.