News around Saxony-Anhalt
As manifold as the federal state are the news and stories from Saxony-Anhalt. In this newsletter we report on innovative businesses, smart ideas, investments and on the people behind the success stories.
By registering you will obtain our Newsletter Invest by email on a regular basis via e-mail. It will keep you updated of the latest news in and around Saxony-Anhalt. You will also find a download version on this website.We hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter Invest.
- Power-to-X technology is seen as a highly promising solution in the effort to achieve carbon neutrality as the process is used to produce hydrogen using renewable electricity. The resulting green hydrogen can be used as fuel, for example. Saxony-Anhalt is backing the use of this powerful environmentally friendly source of energy. An innovative strategy for bringing about an energy transformation at town level is being tested in the Energieregion Staßfurt (Energy Region of Staßfurt), the Hydrogen Factory of the Future is being developed in Magdeburg and the railroad technology alliance TRAINS is developing a green railcar in the region of Anhalt.
- DENKweit GmbH from Halle (Saale) develops measuring equipment for non-destructive tests of battery modules.
- Electric cars help to improve air quality in cities. During the production of the cars and, in particular, the batteries, emphasis is placed on their environmental footprint and sustainability, not only their performance. Researchers from Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg are developing self-healing polymers that can increase the storage capacity of lithium-ion batteries and, at the same time, extend their useful life.
- In only a short period, the start-up SMELA from Saxony-Anhalt has received several awards for the electromechanical linear actuators it has developed. The systems are compact, energy-saving and robust and could soon replace conventional pneumatic drives.
- The development of “new mobility” has begun to accelerate and Saxony-Anhalt is already in the fast lane, as Max Fuhr, the commercial manager of the Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Park, explains: “There is a mood of optimism here, because you can’t have batteries without chemicals.”
- NorcSi, a tech start-up from Saxony-Anhalt, is developing solutions for electric vehicles
- Saxony-Anhalt is home to global players: this state in the center of Germany is where market leaders invest and where beacons for the economy shine out across the whole world. SanaBio GmbH is one such “Hidden Champion”: it has an international reach, believes in innovation and has become a world market leader in its sector. The company headquartered in Schönebeck produces plant-based raw materials and auxiliary agents for industry, all the while keeping environmental protection and sustainability in mind.
- As a world market leader for catenary systems made of copper and copper alloys, Elcowire Rail in Hettstedt is one of Saxony-Anhalt’s Hidden Champions
- From Gatersleben and on to the world: if you take a look at the website of Orgentis Chemicals GmbH, written in English, it’s clear that their target group is global players. This medium-sized business in Saxony-Anhalt isolates and purifies natural substances and synthetic products, synthesizes organic compounds, develops chemical synthesis processes and manufactures specialty chemicals for biochemistry and high-tech applications. The company is also making a name for itself through its in-house developments and has, over the years, become a “Hidden Champion.”