14.01.2020 In 2018, businesses in the food products industry achieved approximately 18% of the total turnover in the goods-producing sectorIn 2018, the 174 businesses operating in the production of food, animal feed and beverages generated a total turnover of EUR 7.45 billion. This was equivalent to roughly 18% of the total turnover in the goods-producing sector. As the Statistical Office of the federal state also reported on the occasion of the start of the Green Week, food and animal feed to the value of EUR 6.39 bn. and beverages to the value of EUR 748 million were produced by farms in Saxony-Anhalt.
- Schmitz Fire & Rescue expands location / Ude: "Good news at the start of the year"
- Strong and tough yet as light as a feather – materials with this exceptional combination of properties are urgently needed in many industrial sectors and in medicine, as well as being of great interest for scientific research. A research team from the University of Bayreuth, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) and other partners in Germany, China, and Switzerland, has now developed a formula for the easy-to-handle preparation of polymer fibres with precisely these properties.
09.12.2019 HASOMED expands location in Magdeburg / Ude: "Medium-sized business focuses on research and exports"State secretary presents funding notice for € 460,000 / 10 new jobs created
04.12.2019 Willingmann awards the “Hugo-Junkers Prizes 2019”: “Bright minds belong in the spotlight”79 applications / 12 prize winners in 4 categories / 80,000 euros prize fund
- The chemicals location of Leuna is developing into the European centre for hydrogen liquefaction. Three hydrogen liquefaction plants are currently in operation in Europe, one of which is located at the production location of industrial gases group Linde in Leuna.
26.11.2019 Investment of up to EUR 30 million creates around 250 new jobs in the Magdeburg-Barleben region, underscoring the importance of Saxony-Anhalt for electric mobility.Completion of the new building planned for 2021
- New biodegradable rods promise to provide better treatment for periodontal disease. Researchers from the Institute of Pharmacy at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) have re-combined an already approved active ingredient and filed for a patent for their invention together with two Fraunhofer Institutes from Halle.
14.11.2019 AMG ADVANCED METALLURGICAL GROUP N.V. STARTS BASIC ENGINEERING FOR A LITHIUM HYDROXIDE REFINING PLANT IN GERMANYAMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V. (“AMG”, EURONEXT AMSTERDAM: “AMG”) today announced its subsidiary, AMG Lithium GmbH, Frankfurt, has commenced basic engineering for a “battery grade” lithium hydroxide facility. It has applied with Investitionsbank Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany, for a governmental grant for the construction of a lithium hydroxide refining plant to be located in Elsteraue/Zeitz.
- Topping out ceremony in Haldensleben: Wünsch presents funding agreement with a value of 4.95 million euros to Seraplant