What has happened in the local economy? An overview of the most important news items.
- MAUT AG expands location. The company Mansfeld Anlagenbau und Umwelttechnik AG (MAUT AG) is expanding its business premises in the Garbed district of Hobbits (Mansfeld-Südharz administrative district): the company is investing nearly 1.9 million euros in new machinery and facilities. Find out more.
- Real estate group invests in Halle’s Star Park. Halle’s Star Park on the A14 motorway is experiencing new growth: the real estate group VGP NV based in Belgium has registered a property contract for construction of high-quality multiuser real estate in the Star Park. Three logistics and production halls with a size of approx. 20,000 to 35,000 square metres – with an investment volume of approx. 40 million euros – will be built at the Star Park Halle (Saale). Up to 200 permanent jobs in the commercial and industrial sector are to be gradually created as a result. The first production hall will already be ready for occupancy in August of 2018. The real estate group VGP is holding talks to this effect with the first tenants. Find out more.
- Saxony-Anhalt’s municipalities disbursed 13.8 million EUR more for investments. In the first half of the year 2017, the core budgets of the municipalities in the Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt disbursed 191 million EUR for investments. This was 13.8 million EUR more (+ 7.8 %) than in the comparable period of the previous year. Find out more.
- Saxony-Anhalt’s industry records an increase in turnover in the first half of the year. In the first half of the year 2017, 109,109 people were employed on average in Saxony-Anhalt’s industrial enterprises*. This was 0.6 percent less than a year before. The sales achieved increased by 3.9 percent to 18.2 billion EUR. The State Statistical Office made these statements on the basis of currently available provisional data. Find out more.
Research & Development
- Antibodies against Alzheimer's disease. Researchers from Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), the Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology IZI and the Halle-based company Probiodrug AG have succeeded in developing antibodies as potential active agents against the disease. Find out more.
- The glass plant: IPK Gatersleben inaugurates plant cultivation hall. he plant cultivation hall is a joint effort. The Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt and IPK Gatersleben were financially involved in the construction of the plant cultivation hall. And it was worthwhile: the plant cultivation hall is a lighthouse project in Europe. Together we will continue to develop the strong location Germany with green innovations. Find out more.
- 25 years of innovations: Fraunhofer IFF celebrates anniversary. The Fraunhofer IFF was founded in 1992 from the former Technical University Otto von Guericke in Magdeburg. Despite the difficult conditions of the post-reunification period and the profound change in the East German economy, it quickly developed into one of the most important industry-oriented research institutes in Saxony-Anhalt. Find out more.
- “Mittelstand 4.0” centre of excellence opens. The opening of the centre of excellence is a milestone on the way to the digital future of our economy. In addition to the demonstration of technical solutions, the focus is also on the development of digital business models. Our SMEs will benefit enormously from both achievements. Find out more.
- Highly sensitive light rings as detectives. Physicists at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg have developed sensors which can detect the tiniest nanoparticles in their environment. Find out more.
Save the Date
FAKUMA: From 17 to 21 October 2017, Saxony-Anhalt will show innovations in the field of plastics and plastics technologies at the trade show Fakuma in Friedrichshafen. At the joint stand of the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt at booth FO-54, small and medium-sized companies from Saxony-Anhalt present innovations and application examples in the field of industrial plastic processing. Find out more.
- IMG Saxony-Anhalt at CMEF Autumn 2017 in Kunming/China. From 29 October to 1 November 2017, Investment and Marketing Corporation promotes the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt as attractive business location for the medical engineering and life science industry at the China Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) in Shenzhen/China. Find out more.
- IMG Saxony-Anhalt at Japan-Germany Industry Forum 2017 in Tokyo. This year's November, GTAI Germany Trade & Invest organizes the 13th Japan-Germany Industry Forum (JGIF) in Tokyo. Find out more.
- IMG Saxony-Anhalt at automechanika SHANGHAI 2017. From 29th November until 2nd December 2017 IMG promotes the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt as attractive business location and competence centre for the automotive supply industry at automechanika SHANGHAI 2017. Find out more.