Innovative methods in the field of medical technology
Innovative prostheses, surgical robots, telemedicine – the opportunities provided by medical technology are revolutionising diagnosis and treatment. Companies from Saxony-Anhalt are at the forefront of the development and manufacture of innovative products in medical technology.
- For 75 companies in Saxony-Anhalt, medical technology is one of many areas of activity. This area employs around 2,200 people
- The broad portfolio ranges from production (e.g. plastic tubes, diagnostic analyzers, ambulance vehicles, cryo technologies) over hard- and software (e.g. medical imaging, telemedicine, medical software) up to services (e.g. gas sterilization, reprocessing of medical devices, distribution)
- In the Halberstadt (Harz) region, the focus is on plastics. The location has cluster potential.
- The Neuromedicine Centre in Magdeburg is currently focusing on the most up-to-date equipment in medical technology..
- Science, business and the InnoMed e.V. network want to establish a telemedicine platform and integrate technological approaches in heart attack care systematically into the rescue chain.
- businesses: Primed, EKF Diagnostics, Sonotec, Human Diagnostics, Medtronic (Covidien), Hasomed, Novoplast Schlauchtechnik, Ascamed, MR Confron
HERE medicine has the right technology.
Success stories, USPs, figures, data and facts, as well as information on partners and networks in the field of MedTech in Saxony-Anhalt can be found HERE.