Investment location Saxony-Anhalt: November
What has happened in the local economy? An overview of the most important news items.
- citim to become part of the Oerlikon Group: citim is a leading company in the design and production of metal parts manufactured using the additive method. The company covers the entire production chain from design through to production of the component. citim is a global company with production sites in Europe and the US, and supplies components manufactured using the additive method to hi-tech companies in the aerospace, automotive and energy sectors. citim employs a workforce of some 120 people. Read more.
- Probiodrug reports third quarter 2016 business update: Probiodrug AG (Euronext Amsterdam: PBD), a biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutic solutions to treat Alzheimer’s disease (AD), today announces its third quarter business update for the period ending 30 September 2016, in the form of an interim management report. Find out more here.
- Trinseo announces capacity expansion for solution-styrene butadien rubber: Trinseo (NYSE: TSE), a global materials solutions provider and manufacturer of plastics, latex binders and synthetic rubber, today announced that it will expand capacity for Solution-Styrene Butadiene Rubber (S-SBR). This increased investment is a direct response to rising customer demand for this critical technology, which is a key component in increasing energy efficiency, safety and durability in performance tires. Read more.
- Guardian glass factory in Thalheim/Saxony-Anhalt - inauguration of the new catalytic filter plant: The planned multi-million investments in the modernisation of the factory are a clear and long-term commitment to the Thalheim location. Guardian is thereby setting its course for the next 20 years. This is good news for the employees, for the area and for the region. The investment decisions show that Saxony-Anhalt can assert itself as a competitive commercial location, even with globally operating concerns. Read more here.
- Regional government supports expansion of the Fraunhofer VDTC: A decisive contribution to the future of virtual reality is being made in Magdeburg: This is why the regional government is subsidising the upgrading and modernising of the “Elbe Dome” in the “Virtual Development and Training Centre” (VDTC) of the Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation (IFF). The “Elbe Dome” possesses a 360° projection surface, and with a diameter of 16 metres and a height of 6.5 metres is one of the largest visualisation systems for virtually interactive applications for business and research in Germany. Find out more here.
- Nanostone Water investing 11 million euros: The filter manufacturer Nanostone Water is expanding its production plant in Halberstadt for around eleven million euros. The investment is being subsidised by the regional government with a good 2.75 million euros from the Joint Task “Improvement of the Regional Economic Structure” (GRW). State Secretary for Economic Affairs Thomas Wünsch today handed over the allocation decision to the managing directors Bernhard Bischof and Christian Göbbert. Nanostone Water GmbH develops and produces ceramic nanotechnology water filters and currently employs a good 50 employees in Halberstadt. The expansion is expected to create 60 additional jobs. Read more.
- Governor Haseloff honours successful development of mechanical engineers FAM: Governor Dr. Reiner acknowledged the company’s development. “FAM could not wish for a better business card than its new company headquarters. It is an expression of the confidence that has grown over the past few decades. This confidence is entirely justified, because what FAM has created in this period, from difficult beginnings, is nothing to sneeze at.” Read more here.
- IDT Biologika is expanding its capacities for the development of human vaccine technologies with a new applications lab: The inaugural ceremony for the Process Development Laboratory in the ZENIT Center for Neuroscience Innovation and Technology was held today in the presence of the center’s resident companies. Find out more.