TECHNOLOGY PARK WEINBERG CAMPUS
The location for innovation
The largest science and technology park in central Germany is the Technology Park Weinberg Campus in Halle (Saale). More than 100 companies of the life sciences and material sciences industry, internationally renowned research institutions and the science faculties of Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg operate on the unique campus.
With 5,500 scientists and employees and a development area with approximately 4,000 inhabitants, the technology park forms a very lively city district in its own right. The success story of the Weinberg Campus began in 1993 with a building for a technology and start-up centre.
The objective was and is: to connect science and business with each other. Since then, more than 200 companies have found here excellent conditions for starting up. More than a billion euro has since been invested on a tradition-steeped university site as well as on the site of former military barracks.
Dr. Ulf-Marten Schmieder:
Managing Director of TGZ Halle GmbH & Bio-Zentrum Halle GmbH
"The Technology Park Weinberg Campus in Halle (Saale) is one of the most interesting locations of the future for researching, starting a business and pursuing business in Europe. Our campus is international, innovative and connected and thus attracts intelligent minds from around the world to Saxony-Anhalt.”
Total investments in Bn. €
Total surface area in hectare
Companies & Institutes
- Material Sciences
- Information Technology
RESIDENT RESEARCH INSTITUTES
- Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems (IMWS)
- Fraunhofer Centre for Silicon Photovoltaics (CSP)
- Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ
- Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO)
- Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry (IPB)
- Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics
- Science campus of Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
SUCCESS STORIES & USPs